Why choose us to plan your big day?
Ionian Weddings is an award winning specialist consultancy for weddings in the Mediterranean established by Jane Stuart-Palikira and Andreas Palikiras. Here is our story…
Back in 2006, we were considering having our wedding in Corfu, Andreas’ homeland. Like many people we had been shocked at the cost of a wedding in the UK. In addition to huge cost savings, a wedding in the Greek Islands had much to offer: sun, beautiful locations, excellent food and so on. We searched in vain for a UK-based wedding planner who knew the locations intimately, so we decided to arrange the event ourselves. Our one nagging fear of guests from the UK being put off by the distance did not materialise as everyone was happy to make the event part of their summer holiday. The wedding was a wonderful success.
On our return we decided that we could help others enjoy their own magical wedding in the Greek islands: Jane had more than 10 years experience in the travel industry and a large number of contacts throughout the Mediterranean area, Andreas had worked for a long time in marketing, we are both Greek speakers and know the Greek culture well. And so “Ionian Weddings” was born, named after the area where Andreas was born.
To date we have organised more than 1000 memorable weddings in the Mediterranean and have won awards for our success. We are passionate about our weddings and never forget that we are responsible for the most important day of our couples’ lives.
10 great reasons to choose Ionian Weddings
- Multi Award Winning business including the British Travel Award for Best Small Wedding & Honeymoons Company 2015, voted for by the public – read more here
- Expert wedding team – we have visited every destination and every wedding venue that we offer. We know the local photographers, florists and other experts involved in your wedding. This means we can give personal recommendations to make your wedding extra special
- Total peace of mind: we are fully bonded members of ABTA – membership number Y4786
- Value for money: a simple wedding in the Mediterranean costs from £2000 – compared with the average cost of a UK wedding at over £20,000 (source: the Guardian 2013)
- Our UK office makes it easy for you to contact us or meet us face to face
- Over 1400 Mediterranean weddings organised to date
- Personal wedding planners at our UK office who will look after you right through to your wedding day and beyond
- Experienced wedding co-ordinators in every wedding destination who will give you their undivided attention throughout your wedding day
- Full support with your legal paperwork, translations and other formal procedures
- Fluency in Greek and Italian, sound understanding of local culture and attention to detail – we focus on keeping costly misunderstandings at bay